The Wrong Times To Say ‘I love you’ for the First Time
While there is never really a right time to say, “I love you” for the first time, there will always be a few wrong times. These are a few of them:
- When you have just met this person and are still unsure of their name. Worse yet, when this person is still a complete stranger.
- At any point during the first date.
- In the midst of an argument. It doesn’t matter if you’re bickering about the laundry or fighting about finding out your lover ate the last piece of cake without taking your hanger into consideration. During an argument is not the right time for the first I love you, no matter how much you mean it.
- When you are found hiding outside of their window.
- When you are saying it just to say it or merely because you think it’s trendy to be in love. Living a line is not trendy.
- After you sat back and watched them fall madly in love with someone else.
- After being caught cheating or lying, no matter what the degree.
- When you stand them up on a date.
- After somebody else has just told you that they love the same person. You want your words to be unprompted and if you use this time to say, “I love you” for the first time, it might get brushed off as a mere echo of another’s words.
- When you are on your way to or from a strip club or similar venue.
- Via text from across the room.
- Via text from the bathroom.
- When they are getting married to another person. Let’s all have some tact. Figure your feelings out before it’s too late.
- When you’ve professed your romantic love to ten other people that day.
- When you are not 100% sure that you mean it.
Ultimately, number 15 has got to be the deciding factor. Saying, “I love you” to someone will always be the wrong thing to do regardless of time, place, medium, etc. if you don’t mean it. Love comes from the heart and so should the words.